March 6, 2015 @ 9:00 am – March 15, 2015 @ 10:00 pm
Nola Studios & JeBon Restaurant
250 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019
This 40 hour course is ideal for serious students, current and aspiring teachers. Participants who pass the written and practical exam will be awarded a Bellyqueen Teacher Training certificate of completion, others will receive a certificate of attendance. Deepen your practice and understanding of bellydance with this training.
WHEN: Fri-Sun Mar. 6-8 & 13-15 (two weekends)
Friday eves 6:00-10:00pm Sat/Sun 9:00am-6:00pm & Sun. eve 8:00-10:00pm (Hafla /Party at Jebon)
WHERE: Teacher Training at Nola Studio, 250 West 54th Street, Studio 11B (between 7th & 8th Ave),
& Sunday Hafla/Party at Jebon, 15 Saint Marks Place, lower level, btw 2nd and 3rd Ave, NYC
• Oriental Dance History & Culture: Where does this dance come from? How long has it been around? Who are the main pioneers that helped shape this beautiful art form? Dance legend Morocco answers these questions plus a lot more.
• Effective warm ups and important Oriental dance specific stretches
• Postures of different dance styles (Oriental, Tribal)
• Classroom organization
• Teaching using 3 sensory learning modalities: Visual (gestures, mirroring), auditory tools (verbal cues) and kinesthetic tools (hands on adjustment)
• Bellyqueen dance foundation vocabulary (Isis, Bastet, Hathor) with Kaeshi Chai
• Lower torso anatomy to prevent injuries and to clarify & deepen movements, with Lissa Michalak
• Poses galore, 38 arms positions, 18 leg positions.
• Dynamic transitions & layers.
• Music tempos for warm up, drills, cool down.
• Effectively teaching different levels, class room body language and communication skills.
• Practice teaching with Kaeshi Chai
• Upper torso anatomy to prevent injuries and to clarify & deepen movements with Lissa
• Essential rhythms for Oriental dancers with BradMack
• Practical teaching test
• Written test
*** Required Text Book for the History and Culture Section “Ask Aunt Rocky” by Morocco. Bellyqueen Teacher Training students get $10 discount off her $45 book. Please pay $35 plus $7 (shipping and Paypal fees) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send her your address and who you want the name you want the book dedicated to.
COST: $595 early bird, $750 after.
Sun Hafla is free to workshop attendees, $10 for others.
Questions? Please e-mail email@example.com
The Bellyqueen 2015 Teacher Training will be conducted by Bellyqueen director, Kaeshi Chai, anatomy expert, Lissa Michalak, dance legend, Morocco and professional musicians, Carmine Guida & Brad MacDonald.
co-founded Bellyqueen, PURE (Public Urban Ritual Experiment) and is a principal dancer with Bellydance Evolution. She has performed and taught all over the world and is an alumni member of the Bellydance Superstars. She has danced with Natacha Atlas, at BAM, Summerstage, and on the TV shows, Conan O’Brian and Blue Peter. She has hosted Tamaly’s Dallal’s Teachers Training for over a decade in NYC, is a 200 hr yoga certified instructor through Yogaworks and has undergone intensives through ACHPER (Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation), AFAA (Aerobic & Fitness Association of America), SEEDs (Self Esteem and Empowerment through Dance) with Myra Krien, Dancing through Pregnancy, Dances of Oneness with Banefsheh Sayyad, Sacred Circle Dance with Laura Shannon, People’s Improv Theater, ATS with Carolena Nericcio, Level 1 training with Suhaila Salimpour and is currently undergoing RMT (Robbins-Madanes Training) to become a life coach.www.kaeshi.com
is considered a leader in the field of Middle Eastern dance, is an internationally renowned dancer, instructor and author. Since 1964, Morocco has written for several publications in her field and been reprinted in dance, medical and feminist publications internationally. A true pioneer in the field, she taught a 3-credit course in Middle Eastern Dance & Culture at the State Univerity of New York (Purchase, NY) in the mid 1970s. Her recently published 424-page reference book, “You Asked Aunt Rocky: Answers & Advice About RaqsSharqi & Raqs Shaabi” has received numerous 5-star reviews and is fast becoming the go-to book in the field. It has been translated into Chinese and German. www.casbahdance.org
has been teaching movement for more than 23 years and is a confirmed anatomy nerd. She is a Middle Eastern dancer and is certified in both mat and equipment through IM=X Pilates, Pilates Institute of America, and the Kane School of Core Integration. Lissa taught teacher trainings at the Kane School before getting certified as a Dynamic Embodiment® practitioner. She is now a practicing Somatic Movement Therapist specializing in musculoskeletal injuries.www.somaticanatomy.com
aka BradMack has been playing darbuka since 1999 and music professionally since 2007. He is featured on two CDs, The Middle East Side and The Silent D with his NY-based band, Djinn and he performs regularly with the Turkish fusion band, Carmine & Friends. He has performed throughout the United States, Mexico, Europe, Morocco, China and Japan and he has taught throughout the United States, New Zealand and China.